Providers of comprehensive payroll and human resource services since 1994
|PayServ is proud to help businesses succeed. We are large enough to provide the technology you need and small enough to provide the customer service you demand.|
7 Things Businesses should know about payroll taxes.
- Small businesses are the most likely target of increased tax compliance enforcement.. The IRS tends to focus their enforcement efforts on small businesses, especially during economic downturns.
- You can lose your business due to extremely aggressive IRS collection tactics for past due payroll taxes. When it comes to payroll tax debt, the IRS has unyielding power and authority.
- Payroll tax penalties can add up quickly and generate huge tax debt. The penalties assessed on delinquent payroll tax deposits or filings can dramatically increase your total tax due.
- Not filing or paying your payroll taxes can be considered a federal crime. The IRS can refer your case to the Criminal Investigation Division and ultimately to the Department of Justice if they can prove that you intentionally didn't file and/or pay.
- Borrowing from payroll taxes is against the law. Many small and mid-size businesses use the money they collect from payroll taxes to pay their operating expenses. The money collected from employees to pay their share of federal withheld tax, FICA and Medicare does not belong to the business and must be accounted for and paid to the government.
- The IRS can come after business owners individually for payroll taxes owed. The IRS is the only creditor on the planet that can "pierce" the corporate veil and go after individuals.
- What do I do if I get audited? If you owe payroll taxes, you need to get expert professional help before it’s too late. Representing yourself before the IRS would be like going to court without a lawyer. And you do not want to take any chances when dealing with the IRS.
Whether you are a small start-up or a major public company, one to 2000 employees, PayServ has the services you demand. We offer a full slate of services including complete payroll processing for any state, human resource services, time & labor products, retirement plans, section 125, workers compensation, health insurance and much more. Our services are customized for your unique needs … create your own reports, functions and integrations with your other software.